Monday, July 12, 2010

Hello Monday

Hi there!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  I sure did.  We finally had a weekend where we didn't have a whole lot going on.  We got a bunch of stuff done around the house, spent a lot of time outside and got some professional photos taken of the kids.  (Can't wait to see how they turned out!)  My sister, Tami, and her family were down for a visit, so we ended the weekend with a big family supper at my parent's house.   My mom is such a good cook...I'll never pass up a chance to eat one of her home-cooked meals.

I even managed to squeeze in a little time to make a card.  I've been collecting quite a stash of patterned paper lately, but rarely ever use them.  So I was determined...I must make a card using some patterned paper. ;)  I ended up using some of my favorite paper right now from the Lily Bee Lovely collection....it's is absolutely gorgeous paper!  The perfect thickness and it's double sided....which is always a huge bonus to me.  I'm not very good at pairing up patterned papers that go together, so using papers from the same collection makes it a cinch.



I used a sentiment from the Hero Arts Truly Appreciated stamp set.  It fit perfectly inside the EK Success Journal Plate & Bracket Punch.  And that text paper is from the Making Memories Slice 8x8 Ledger Pad...it's a great staple to have in your paper stash.  I saw they have it here for a great price too. :)  And finally I embellished the card with one of my handmade buttons.

Hope your week is off to a great start!  Thanks for stopping by!
Kelly

7 comments:

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful card, Kelly! Love your homemade button! :)

Alice said...

this is so beautiful, Kelly! love the design and your handmade button is so cute!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Super cute! Love working with fun and pretty pp too! Love that ribbon.

donna mikasa said...

hello, kelly! love your cards--seeing them is always a treat!
and thanks for the link for the MM ledger paper!

Ashley M said...

Wow Kelly! I always love your cards and this is no exception. I'm with you on the pp. I have a ton and don't use it. I love what you've done and you've enabled me too! Gotta find that punch now! :)

Libby Hickson said...

Such a gorgeous card!

Kathy said...

This is classic KElly and that means stunning. You know how to add just the right layers. Glad you had a good weekend Hugs,Kathy